Express.js is a web application framework for Node.js. The Web application provides a variety of features that make development quick and easy, otherwise it takes more time using only Node.js.
Express.js is based on the Node.js middleware module called connect using the http module. Therefore, any connect-based middleware software will also work with Express.js.
Advantages of Express.js
- Node.js web application makes development quick and easy.
- Easy to configure and customize.
- Allows you to define ways to apply based on HTTP methods and URLs.
- Includes several middleware software modules that you can use to perform additional tasks on request and response.
- Jade, Vash, EJS etc. are easy to integrate with different template engines.
- Middleware allows you to identify an error related to processing.
- It's easy to provide static files and your application's resources.
- Allows you to create a REST API server.
- Provides easy connections to databases such as MongoDB, Redis, MySQL.